It is About Sharing

Knowledge is for sharing. Do not keep your knowledge to yourself alone. Let it grows. The more you share, the more you learn and in the end you become a better person.

Al-Fatihah

Monday, July 28, 2008

Who and What?

There is this arabic proverb that says: -
.
unzur ma qaala wala tanzur man qaala
.
which means "listen to what is being said and do not look at who said it".
.
I first came across this proverb in my early days in the secondary school and I find it very interesting. Such a short proverb but with a very powerful meaning. From then on, I am holding to this proverb and it really makes me feel good.
.
Whatever is being said to me, regardless of who say it, be it my bosses (non-work related), my colleagues, my siblings or my friends, I do not really take them for good without analyzing of what they said. If it is good to me, I will apply, otherwise I just leave it. That way, I am always being myself and do something that I really want to do and most importantly, I am not doing something for the sake of others. In another aspects, I can always improve myself in a lot of areas because I am sure that people do not mind telling what they think about me. If I were to look down at certain people, I am sure that this group of people will be reluctant to give me their advice or opinion. Who knows that their advice or opinion is the best!!!

No comments: