It is About Sharing

Knowledge is for sharing. Do not keep your knowledge to yourself alone. Let it grows. The more you share, the more you learn and in the end you become a better person.

Al-Fatihah

Friday, March 7, 2008

Right or Wrong?

In Islam, politics and religion is not separated. Politics is part of Islam. That is the difference between Islam and secular as the latter separates religion from politics.

Since Islam and politics is not separated, does it mean we can use masjid, especially druing friday sermon to campaign for election? While I agree that politics is part of Islam, I do not quite agree if masjid especially friday sermon is used as a forum to campaign, as more often than not, when we campign, we tend to talk bad about others. Don't get me wrong. I am not totally against it as long as they talk on purely religious issues.

So, to certain extend, I personally do agree with Najib's statement comdemning PAS for using the masjid especially during friday sermon to campaign.

That notwithstanding, while I think it is not religously right to campaign during friday sermon, I also think that it is morally wrong for BN to use the mass media like television and newspaper to do their campaign. This is totally not fair to the opposition, as the opposition does not have access to these mass media. BN is at full advantage by using the mass media, as they can easily reach the Malaysians by using the media.

So, I think BN, in condemning PAS for campagning in masjid, I regard it as "ketam mengajar anaknya berjalan" because BN is not competent to speak about it.

No comments: