It is About Sharing

Knowledge is for sharing. Do not keep your knowledge to yourself alone. Let it grows. The more you share, the more you learn and in the end you become a better person.

Al-Fatihah

Friday, August 1, 2008

Ezam, the Opportunist

This guy named Ezam, is an opportunist and have thick skin. In Malay, he can be described as tak tahu malu (shameless) and hidung tak mancung, pipi tersorong-sorong. Soon after he rejoined UMNO, the party that he condemned like hell while he was outside UMNO, he had made a lot of statements, which to me is none other than to prove that he is an opportunist as well as his desperate attempts to gain the support from UMNO members, especially the leaders, so that the UMNO members will perceive him as a Malay hero when he said that he would not hesitate to disclose the true Anwar, if he thinks he needs to. If he is so sincere to fight for the people, he should disclose the true Anwar for the sake of the people like you and me and not for his own political career.
.
Why I said that he is an opportunist? When he was in PKR, he claimed to have six boxes of “evidence” of the wrongdoing of several BN Ministers but he had shown us none. Now that he is back in UMNO, he claimed to have evidence against Anwar, his former boss but he will only disclose those “evidence” if he thinks that his political career is at stake. In other words, he will not disclose those “evidences” even if the people’s and nation’s interest are at stake.
.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/7/12/nation/20080712143727&sec=nation
.
And now that he “offered” himself to contest against Anwar in the by-election, I am waiting to see how clever or stupid the BN leaders in general and UMNO leaders in particular in deciding who will stand against Anwar. To me, they are damn stupid if they choose Ezam and a bit clever if they choose someone else. Ezam said that he is prepared to take on Anwar but leave it to the leadership to decide on the candidate. As reported in Utusan Malaysia, Ezam was quoted as saying that (translation)‘‘Firstly, I am just an ordinary member of UMNO. So, the issue of me being the candidate in the by-election especially when it involves Anwar, I think is best left to the party’s leadership. However, I want to stress here that I am prepared. I am not afraid to face Anwar if I am asked to represent BN in the by-election”. It is either Ezam thinks that we are stupid or he is just damn stupid. What he said is like “I do not want to take but if you insist of giving it to me, I’ll not hesitate to take”.
.
http://www.utusan.com.my/utusan/arkib.asp?y=2008&dt=0729&pub=utusan_malaysia&sec=dalam%5Fnegeri&pg=dn_01.htm&arc=hive
.
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/7/28/nation/20080728164759&sec=nation
.
But why Ezam really and desperately wants to contest against Anwar. Is it for his own political mileage? I guess so. To me, in any election, be it general or by-election, the candidate must be someone who really can take care and fight for the voters in that constituency. It is not just a matter whether he/she can take on the opponent. It is more than that. In any election, the priority should be given to the people’s welfare and not party’s or someone’s personal’s interest. And normally, it is preferred to have a local to stand as a candidate and not by importing the outsider who knows nothing or knows very little about the constituency.
.
At the end of the day, it is all about the people and not about a person.

No comments: